Directory listing text
Menlo School has its origins as a military school, the William Warren School, begun in 1915 with an initial enrollment of 13 boys. In 1924, Mr. Warren, the founding headmaster, sold the school to a group of interested parents who sought a fresh identity: thus the Menlo School for boys was incorporated and the military program dropped.
Three years later, in 1927, Menlo became a non-profit institution governed by a newly formed board of trustees. Around that time a two-year college was established as an integral part of the School. In 1949 the name was officially changed to Menlo School and Menlo College. Menlo School separated from Menlo College in 1994 and has run as in independent institution since that time.