Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Innovation & Technology Coach
2018-19 School Year
Join our team at SF Day!
At San Francisco Day School, we believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, students delight in the discovery of connection: in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
SF Day Fast Facts
· Independent, co-educational school
· Founded in 1981
· Serving 400 students
· Located in the heart of SF
San Francisco Day School is an energizing place to work and grow. Our technology resources are anchored by one-to-one student iPads in grades 1-8. Mac OS laptops, abundant robots, and tools such as 3D and laser printers are just some of the technologies we enjoy exploring. Our innovation and technology team spends time in the classrooms alongside teachers and in our “Innovation Lab” where we invite learners of all ages to try something new.
· A visionary, passionate educator and inspirational role model?
· A curious and creative teacher excited to bridge intellect and imagination in the classroom?
· Ready to grow, teach, and lead in a hands-on, 1:1 iPad learning environment that embraces design thinking?
· An effective communicator and thoughtful listener?
· A compassionate, engaged, and inclusive community member eager to partner with families, students, and colleagues?
Yes? Then read on!
· Bachelor’s or graduate degree
· Demonstrated experience teaching and leading innovative curricular design and instructional uses of technology
· Proficiency in technology including, but not limited to, interest in coaching students in computational thinking and coding
· Formal training, practical knowledge, and—most important—curiosity about solving technology challenges with Mac OS and /or iOS
· A “let’s try it” attitude when confronted with the latest 3D laser printer or a request to help redesign a Spanish lesson to incorporate more educational technology
· Experience with Universal Design for Learning framework a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
SF Day is poised to grow its existing physical space and use of robotics, coding, and maker tools alongside digital tools. We are looking for a leader who will:
· Help shape the future of innovation at SF Day
· Promote innovative curricular design and excite students with new programs, ideas, and digital tools
· Proactively collaborate with teachers to integrate innovative teaching concepts and tools into their classes and highlight our Innovation Lab as a space where everyone can create
· Partner with peer educators in technology integration, provide direct instruction to students, and aid constituents with front-line technology support
· Seek opportunities to promote teamwork and cross-curricular collaboration among faculty
· Work with parents and families to provide education and guidance around social media, digital identity, and citizenship
· Participate in all aspects of faculty life
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty and staff who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary. Please apply online with your resume, salary expectations, and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why your experience is appropriate for this position to: