Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Park Century School was founded in 1968 as an independent not-for-profit, co-educational day school to meet the needs of children who learn differently. Park Century serves students between the ages of 7 to 14, or grades 2nd to 8th, living in the South Bay to the San Fernando Valley and throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Park Century’s mission is to empower bright children with learning differences to reach their academic and personal potential. Students flourish within our individualized, evidence-based curriculum and supportive environment. In collaboration with their families, the school inspires students to develop into resilient self-advocates and builds a foundation for lifelong achievement.
Park Century School is seeking an energetic and outgoing professional to provide comprehensive classroom support. This position requires a passion for working with children, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and sensitivity to confidential matters. In addition, the candidate must have extensive computer skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
· As an associate teacher for a classroom, you will be responsible for supporting the lead teacher in all areas of their instruction;
· Assisting in the organization of the classroom;
· Assisting lead teacher with copying, filing, checking assignments, visual displays
· Assisting with other classrooms as needed
· The candidate must have an undergraduate degree
· A degree in education is preferred
· Experience in special education is a plus
· This is an excellent opportunity for students taking classes toward their teaching credential or graduate degree in education
Non-Exempt, hourly position that begins in late August and ends in mid-June.
Reports to Classroom Teacher and Deans
Hours will range between 7:45 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Please direct your cover letter and resume to Evelyn Zuk, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org