Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Dean of Students
Secondary School, Grades 6-12
Ortega Campus, 1201 Ortega St., SF, CA 94122
Deputy Head of School
Type of Position
Full time, Effective as of September 1st 2018
The Dean of Students works with the Principal in carrying out the school’s academic and behavior programs. As a professional educator the Dean of Students understands and responds to the challenges presented by our diverse student population. The Dean of Students provides proactive leadership to engage all stakeholders in the delivery of programs and services to support the students’ academic achievement, personal and social development. The Dean of Students works cooperatively with the principal, counselor, health coordinator, staff, students and parents towards a positive school climate.
· Located in San Francisco, LFSF is a French Immersion, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school of 1,000 students in grades preK-12. For more information about our school, please visit: www.lelycee.org
The Dean of Students works with a high level of independence and professional discretion under the general supervision of the principal. The work is governed, controlled, and evaluated by acceptable professional practice and school policies and regulations.
· Fluency in French and English
· Minimum of three years of experience in education
· Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Energetic and proactive
· Patient and diplomatic
· Discretion in handling confidential information
Salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, long term disability and retirement benefits.
LFSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover via: https://www.lelycee.org/about/jobs