Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
College Counseling Assistant / Registrar
Secondary School, Grades 6-12
Ortega Campus, 1201 Ortega St., SF, CA 94122
Director of College Counseling & Guidance
Type of Position
Full-Time, open until filled
· Located in San Francisco, LFSF is a French Immersion, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school of 990 students in grades preK-12. For more information about our school, please visit: www.lelycee.org
· Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education.
· Create newsletters for middle school and high school families to communicate about school and community events, college visits, and enrichment programs
· Keep accurate and meticulous student accounts using Naviance software
· Prepare and send reports and documents to appropriate institutions using Naviance software
· Maintain college counseling calendars; schedule student, parent, and administrative appointments
· Prepare end of semester awards announcements
· Update calendars, resources, links and summer programs on the website
· Collaborate with marketing & communications to promote student success
· Monitor, stock, and display student lounges with information necessary for college admissions and enrichment
· Assist to create, update, revise UC eligible course content and NCAA eligibility courses
· Write a variety of documents, forms, newsletters given oral or written directions
· Compile information and write reports as required.
Enrichment Program Coordination:
· Research enrichment programs for grade 9-12 students, and create individualized enrichment plans based on the interests and passions of students
· Coordinate recommendations and collaborate with registrar team to send documents to enrichment programs
· Build ties with community organizations to establish enrichment and/or community service programs
· Collaborate with the Student Activities Director (AES) and Dean of Students to bring community projects to school life
· Support innovation/design projects in conjunction with Innovation Lab
· Support Summer Enrichment Programs
Standardized Tests Coordination:
· Oversee the coordination and administration of standardized tests related to college admissions (eg. National Exams, PSAT, AP, both standard administration and those with accommodations).
· Plan and organize test preparation programs
· Assist SSD Coordinator (Services for Students with Disabilities Coordinator) in providing accurate documentation and accommodations for standardized testing, including proctoring
· Coordinate European university admission tests, such as Oxford TSA, Cambridge Exams, French “concours”
· Coordinate proctors, and logistics for testing days
· Working occasional weeknights and weekends will be part of logistics of standardized tests coordination
· Review students records relevant to college admissions process (e.g. transcripts, new students, transfers students)
· Establish, maintain and monitor student records, grades, coursework compiled, and credits earned for graduation related to U.S. transcripts and U.S. high school diploma
Other duties as assigned. Candidate will be expected to assist others when projects require office staff to work as a team.
· 3-5 years of experience in the education field, preferably in high schools or university
· Proficiency in American school systems and curriculum required
· Proficiency in French school systems and curriculum preferred
· Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Appreciation of and experience with diverse cultures and cross-cultural contexts, preferably with transatlantic international students
Interested candidates please send a cover letter, CV/resume, and references electronically, attention: Natalie Bitton, Director of College Counseling & Guidance via email@example.com.
* The list of responsibilities is given for informational purposes only and is not meant to be exhaustive. It may be subject to change in order to meet the evolving needs of the organization.