Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
ST. ANNE SCHOOL
St. Anne School is looking for a creative database manager/web manager to take responsibility for some aspects of technology including, but not limited to, desktop support, database system, production support, and training. If you are a self-starter with a passion for education and technology and have a whatever-it-takes attitude, we want to hear from you.
● Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
● Supports the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Board of Directors and administrators.
● Insures the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
● Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the school.
● Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
● Attends faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
Under the direction of the director of technology, this position manages the Blackbaud/Whipplehill database and all of its components. This role will assist with helpdesk support and will escalate requests as needed to other members of the technology department. The database/web manager will also assist the admissions, advancement, and marketing departments.
● Support integration of the Blackbaud database as the primary school information system.
● Train users (from various levels of expertise) in various software programs such as MS Office suite of products, Blackbaud suite of products, web-based software programs, inventory-based software.
● Identify, document, and resolve data quality/data integrity issues.
● Develop, test, and document mappings and workflows for best practices.
● Migrate, import, and export data
● Direct the work of others within the scope of the school information system.
● Manage the annual cycles of enrollment and graduation, as well as hiring and departures of employees
● Manage data workflow, including data security, user permissions, single sign-on, and system integration
● Assess the needs of the school with respect to its systems and applications, and make recommendations for future technologies
● Support and train the marketing department as it relates to updating webpages
● Responsible for keeping the parent/student/Board portals up to date and accessible
● Act as webmaster for the school in assisting with login and user related issues.
● Provide reporting to key administrators as needed
● Assist with production application deployment and support.
● Assist with imaging and deploying workstations and servers.
● Track and maintain accurate records of all technology assets and purchase history
● Assist in the design and implementation of new systems.
● May need to work off-hours periodically and/or participate in an on-call rotation.
● Plan, organize and supervise the operation of school databases
● Support and collaborate with other members of the technology team
● Other projects/tasks assigned by the director of technology
● Knowledge of PC/Mac computer platforms; software programs including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, applications & theory, multi-media presentations, and instructional software in various subject areas.
● Familiarity with K-12 curriculum, instructional strategies, and the relationship of technology to these areas is a plus.
● Current methods, practices, equipment, and supplies used in technology and instruction in a school setting.
● Principles and practices of administration, including office and personnel management and budgetary practices.
● Current working methods and procedures used in technology.
● Principles of systems analysis, network administration, and web pages.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
● Experience maintaining or managing databases, particularly Blackbaud and Whipplehill
● Experience generating reports and exports from databases
● Experience managing and maintaining learning management systems
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES IS A PLUS:
● Blackbaud (Education Edge, Financial Edge, Raiser Edge)
● Whipplehill (onMessage, onBoard, onRecord, onCampus)
● Microsoft Windows SQL Server
● Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 /10
● Microsoft Active Directory
● Apple Mac OS X
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight or up to 30 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Ability to climb stairs, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Ability to climb a ladder for purposes of inspection when necessary.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. Ability to read printed matter and computer screens.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Ability to hear and speak to conduct group training and to exchange information in person, electronically and on the telephone. Ability to understand speech at normal levels.
Hours: Twelve-month, exempt salaried employee
Reports to: Director of Technology
This is a full time, salaried exempt position. Salary range is commensurate with experience and education. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to the Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara at firstname.lastname@example.org.