Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (FSHA) is a Catholic, Dominican, independent, college-preparatory day and boarding school whose mission is to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) to be the steward of all funds of the school. He/she will be responsible to the Board of Directors and reports directly to the President. The DFO performs his/her duties according to federal and state laws, generally accepted accounting principles and the policies of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose of FSHA.
The DFO leads the Finance department and supervises the Controller (who supervises a staff of three). In addition, the DFO has oversight responsibility of operations, including the food program and facilities, with the Food Director and Director of Facilities and Security reporting directly to this position. Supervisory responsibilities are full scope including recruiting, hiring, training, staff development, team building, evaluating, counseling and terminating.
Essential Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· MICROSOFT OFFICE – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook functions.
· GENERAL LEDGER – Strong working knowledge of window based GL and reporting software packages such as Blackbaud, Great Plains and Peachtree. Exposure to Quickbooks preferred.
· ACCOUNTING KNOWLEDGE – Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial statement review and analysis, reconciliation skills, debit and credit accounting and ability to pass bookkeeping quiz.
· TECHNOLOGY – Strong ability to apply technology solutions and make recommendations for use of technology to improve individual or small work group efficiency and effectiveness.
· PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYSIS – Strong ability to identify problems, conduct appropriate analysis and reach effective solutions commensurate with level of responsibility.
· OFFICE ADMINISTRATION – Strong ability to process paperwork timely, maintain an effective filing system, alphabetic filing, etc.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy offers a rich, nurturing environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a chance to make a difference in this important position. To find out more about us, visit our website at www.fsha.org. Ideal candidates must be willing to work weeknight and weekend events as needed. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been looking for, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.