Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Reports To: Classroom Teacher, Lower School Director, and Director of After School
Position Type: Full-time; Exempt; Faculty
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformative learning and respect for the individual. Bentley seeks a Teaching Associate to assist the classroom teacher and staff the After School Program on the K-8 Hiller Campus in delivering education and supervision to students through a variety of methods.
This may include preparation of lessons and assignments, teaching lessons, classroom management, working with individual students and small groups, supervision of activities, and assessment. Candidate flexibility with the ability to work before, during, and after school are essential. This position is ideal for newly credentialed teachers looking to gain classroom experience. Also ideal for teachers currently enrolled in a Masters in Education or Credential program.
Required Skills and Knowledge
● A BA/BS from an accredited college or university, with an interest in a teaching career.
● A strong desire to work in a setting that leads with academics and is coupled with social-emotional learning. Familiarity with Responsive Classroom and Playworks approaches a plus.
● Proven ability as a team player and self-starter.
● Excels in leading student engagement, possesses strong conflict resolution skills, and takes a growth mindset approach to student learning.
● Ability to support a lead teacher and the ASP program, and interact with children in a developmentally appropriate way.
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest, the names and contact information for 3 references, resume, and teaching philosophy statement to:email@example.com. Include Teacher Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please.