Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Reports To: Lower School Head
Position Type: Part-Time (50%) Exempt; Faculty
Bentley School is seeking a creative and innovative Lower School French Teacher for grades K-3. The ideal candidate will be passionate about language and cultures and committed to connecting with and supporting students. Experience with ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines or standards-based rubrics is highly valued. Strong candidates will be well-versed in educational technology, and have demonstrated a commitment to inclusivity, collaboration, and professionalism.
Job Summary: This position will include, but is not limited to:
● Teach K-3 French classes
● Prepare course objectives, assessments, and curriculum in alignment with the school’s mission
● Promote positive and effective classroom management
● Implement appropriate and varied teaching techniques
● Communicate effectively both orally and in written form to parents/colleagues
● Collaborate with colleagues, parents, and students
● Maintain in best practices through continuing education
● Assist with playground, traffic and other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s preferred in French
● A minimum of two years teaching experience, preferably in an independent school environment
● Oral fluency in French
● Proficiency in presenting cultural perspectives of the French-speaking world
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English as well as French
● Comfort with technology appropriate to language learning
● Demonstrated leadership and classroom management skills
Bentley School is a premier coeducational K-Grade 12 independent school in Oakland, California. Compensation will be within the expected norms for comparable positions. The School offers competitive compensation.
How to Apply:
Please email letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include French Teacher in the subject line. No phone calls please.