Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The College Preparatory School, an independent coeducational secondary school in Oakland, California, seeks a Director of Alumni Relations. This position is currently open with a mutually agreeable start date.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Director of Alumni Relations is a key member of the Advancement team. They will have primary responsibility for engaging our 3,400 alumni in the life of the school and with each other through events, The Alumni Annual Fund, personal visits, social media, publications, and volunteer management. This position is also responsible for selected general advancement events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PrepTimes (biannual magazine)
Alumni Assembly E-Newsletter
The Alumni Annual Fund
Working closely with the Director of Annual Giving/Associate Director of Development
· Work evenings and weekends as required
· Travel in the Bay Area and infrequently nationally as requested
· Assist with Advancement Office activities and initiatives as requested
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· 5+ years in advancement or equivalent position
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and self-management skills
· Bachelor’s degree required
· A champion of independent school education strongly preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems such as Raiser’s Edge, or equivalent client management system
· Highest ethical standards
The Director of Alumni Relations is an exempt position. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and includes a generous benefit package. Faculty and staff enjoy sharing a prepared lunch every day.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs and the School’s growing ties to greater Oakland. Salary and benefits are competitive, and include a prepared lunch every day. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To apply, please go to: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/1025450-240898.html
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org