Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
FSHA educators are members of an innovative learning environment where committed teachers develop intentionally designed curriculums. Faculty is engaged in a 1:1 MacBook program, curriculum/ programming design and mapping, and teacher-driven professional learning communities. Dedicated to teaching and learning in a supportive and collegial atmosphere, our faculty “shares out” on best practices, technological integration, and instructional strategies via department meetings, small group learning sessions, and visits to each other’s classrooms.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is a vital element of Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy’s mission to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. At FSHA, we seek to create and sustain a vibrant, inclusive community, and we value and appreciate the uniqueness contained within each person so as to honor the diversity of God’s creation.
The ideal candidate will:
● commit to the mission of Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy.
● be able to create an environment in the classroom and in all areas of co-curricular responsibility that nurtures the development of faith, integrity and truth.
● demonstrate a strong commitment to equitable and inclusive classroom practices
● design and implement regular formative and summative assessments to measure student learning; possess knowledge of best pedagogical practices.
● be proficient in curriculum planning, instruction, and assessment.
● have experience with academic technology and/or an enthusiastic willingness to be trained to employ new tools.
● demonstrate skill in fostering a learner-centered classroom environment and challenge students to apply knowledge to real-life problems.
● be a reflective educator who models intellectual curiosity.
● actively participate in the school’s culture of inquiry and seek out opportunities for professional development to enhance content knowledge and pedagogical skill.
● possess a BS in Physics or other relevant area. A Master’s degree in Physics or other related area; 3-5 years high school teaching experience is preferred but not required.
To find out more, visit us atwww.fsha.org. FSHA offers a rich and supportive environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a chance to make a difference in this important position. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been looking for, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minorities, females, disabled persons, and veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.