Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The Strength and Conditioning Coach will oversee the development and implementation of strength and conditioning programs for 13 CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) sponsored sports and 24 teams. Work with teams as assigned by the strength and conditioning coach and design sport specific strength and conditioning programs. Work directly with head coaches of assigned teams to ensure that the specific strength and conditioning needs of each team are met. Assist team trainers, and therapists to design and implement injury prevention and rehabilitation programs.
The successful candidate will enhance the physical and mental development of student-athletes through the establishment of sports specific training programs that intensify the physical strength, speed, and cardiovascular conditioning of the student-athlete. Knowledge of how to train while student-athlete is under concussion protocol is a necessity. Instruct, monitor and educate all student-athletes regarding proper weight training techniques and design training programs for both improved performance and injury prevention. Assist in the general operation and maintenance of the athletics weight room and attend practices and competitions when possible. Due to school hours (8am-3pm) the ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule and be able to work afternoons to late evenings and on Saturdays.
· Knowledge of the rules and safety requirements of strength and conditioning training. This includes, but is not limited to, teaching techniques and safety measures for student-athletes to compete at the collegiate level.
· Certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or certification by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA). Must maintain certification.
· Experience in the field of Strength & Conditioning with student-athletes in high school, collegiate or private fitness setting
· Knowledge of and commitment to NCS/CIF rules and regulations.
· Fosters a community spirit consistent with the Carondelet Mission and Core Values among counselors, faculty, administrators, students, and parents, assuring respect for the uniqueness of the individual student and for the development of the whole person
· Encourages a collaborative approach to the delivery of strength and conditioning services and the sharing of knowledge and strategies, thereby facilitating a more efficient use of resources and increasing the number of students served effectively
· Supports innovation and development by sharing internal evaluations of the program's effectiveness- without hesitating to indicate where there is room for improvement
· Create informational presentations to parent and student groups on all aspects of strength and conditioning protocols
· Proactively learn of issues and trends in strength and conditioning; keep up-to- date about specific techniques, and maintain a collegial relationship with those institutions to which our students aspire to apply
· Evaluate program effectiveness, assess outcomes, and develop improved programming to achieve goals
· A commitment to a student-centered and holistic college application process
· A commitment to continuing professional development, i.e. attendance at relevant local and/ or national conferences, membership of appropriate professional bodies, etc.
· Proven leadership abilities and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills; particularly tact, diplomacy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor
· Excellent communication, and presentation skills; speaking with passion and precision
· Adaptability and imagination
· A genuine enthusiasm for working with students during a critical stage in their development
· An understanding of and empathy for the issues that concern the students and parents
· Position requires frequent attendance at off-hours meetings, conferences, and events, as well as occasional overnight travel
· Prepares and monitors the budget for Strength and Conditioning in conjunction with the Director of Athletics
· Manages and makes wise allocations of funds as an efficient manager of resources
· Ensures that all equipment, instruments and surfaces and in working condition and safety to operate
· Maintains records regarding servicing of equipment, repairs, warranties and creates a 3-5-year replacement plan for all equipment
· Conducts analyses of data as needed to submit recommendations to Head Coaches and Director of Athletics
· Ad hoc assignments as required
· Master's degree in Kinesiology, Health Sciences or Biomechanics preferred
· Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years specialized experience required
· Minimum five years coaching experience in a highly competitive, high school, college preparatory or university environment
· Must possess National Strength and Conditioning Association certification (CSCS) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
· CPR/Standard First Aid Certification
· Demonstrated experience working collaboratively
· Experience effectively working across sports and departments to achieve student centered results
· Ability to organize and manage many tasks at one time with a focus on deadlines and follow through
· Excellent leadership, political acumen, and diplomacy
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Ability to get along with co-workers and other school community members
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please include Cover Letter and Resume at: