Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Reports To: Head of School and Head of Upper School
Position Type: Full-Time, Faculty, Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two beautiful campuses in Oakland (K-8) and Lafayette (9-12), California enrolling 700 students. Bentley School is an inclusive community sharing a vision of academic achievement, balance, and the cultivation of character.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
● Teaching 2 sections of Computer Science (Introductory and AP principles)
● Attending regular weekly Math department meetings;
● Providing Educational Technology Support for the Upper School
● Participating in various aspects of student life at Bentley such as advising clubs, coaching, or working with student organizations.
● Degree in Computer Science and/or a related field that requires significant coursework in each discipline
● Experience teaching Computer Science
● Experience working with teachers as they implement technology in their classrooms
● Experience in an interdisciplinary environment with an emphasis on group collaboration and use of technology
● Ability and willingness to work with students in large and small group settings using multiple teaching methods to reach a broad range of students
● Desire to continually examine one’s practice with the goal to improve student learning
● Commitment to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equity. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply.
● An advanced degree in Computer Science and/or a related field that requires significant coursework
● A passion for working with young people
● A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community of teachers
● Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
● Experience in working with high school or college age students in an academic setting
● Experience in innovative course design, planning, implementation, and assessment
● Flexibility and a sense of humor
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest, CV/resume, and a statement of teaching philosophy that addresses both your approach to working with students and how you approach your classroom practice. A list with the names and contact information of three (3) references should also be included. Materials may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Computer Science” in the subject line. No phone calls please.