Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Responsible for instructing students in an elementary school by creating lesson plans, administering praise and constructive criticism, instructing students on subjects such as science, literature, math, physical education, library, music, art, humanities, and foreign languages.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
We seek a dynamic person who inspires students and faculty and who works collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in various curricular areas and divisions. Candidates should be passionate about teaching and learning, have a love for children and a deep understanding of the developmental ages and stages of elementary students.
● Bachelor's degree and teaching certificate or credential, and a minimum of five years professional experience as a lead/independent classroom teacher or other equivalent experience.
● Advanced degree or advanced studies in educational leadership preferred but not required.
● Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
● Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment, and instructional strategies.
● Encourages collaborative teamwork in and out of the classroom, models effective communication skills for students and teachers, including justifying reasoning and considering multiple perspectives when solving problems.
● Leads by example and invests time in the life of the school by participating in all aspects that support the student and faculty experience.
● Demonstrates professional behavior, including discretion, good judgment, and integrity.
● Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and faculty.
● All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check, LiveScan fingerprinting and TB screening.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position can be physically demanding. Reasonable accommodations may be made if requested in advance.
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for a minimum of three references. Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to HR@woodland-school.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Woodland School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its educational or admission policies, financial aid distribution, or other school programs. Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.