Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Computer Science Teacher
Carondelet, is a woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is actively looking for a Computer Science teacher for the 2019-20 school year who is interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world. An ideal candidate has background in teaching computer science principles, computational thinking, data representation, and programming, who is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with use of technology in the classroom and is familiar with using a digital learning management system. A background in innovative, collaborative teaching and learning models, authentic assessments with rubrics, and critical and creative thinking is preferred.
The classroom teacher both models and communicates the school mission, philosophy, and core values through the teaching of subject content and by modeling behavior that inspires excellence, helping students grow to become young women of heart, faith and courage in the spirit of the Sisters of St Joseph. Teachers at Carondelet are life-long learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas, including effective use of technology, data-based review of methodology and assessment, accessing professional growth opportunities, striving to meet performance expectations, and implementing the school mission and core values. Educators who seek to work in teams and implement cross- disciplinary opportunities for students will feel at home in this environment.
● Participates actively in the life of the school community in a manner that supports and promotes the mission and core values of Carondelet.
● Maintains professional standards in interaction with students, parents/guardians, and co-workers.
● Effectively manages instructional time and student behavior
● Plans diverse lessons that ensure student comprehension of learning outcomes
● Uses diverse assessments that capture student comprehension of content in a variety of ways
● Effectively uses Schoology as an avenue for student learning
● Records assignments in PowerSchool in a timely fashion
● Collaborates with Department members and seeks out opportunities to partner with colleagues to implement innovative learning opportunities for students
● Communicates with department chairs, academic support, personal counselors, students and parents in a timely fashion when students are at-risk academically or personally
● Cooperates with appropriate personnel (eg, Deans, Attendance Officer) in enforcing school policies, rules and regulations This includes but is not limited to the following:
o administration/dean/counselor requests for student conference (green slips)
o faculty use of facilities
o student absence policy
o student appearance code
o student tardy policy
o participates in activities, workshops and meetings as required
● Fulfills duties and assignments in a punctual manner This includes but is not limited to the following:
o arrival/departure on campus and to school functions as required
o faculty substitute procedure
o grades and progress reports
o notification of Main Office of departure/return during school day
o proctor duties
o school services
o yard duty
● Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and friendly campus environment
● monitors appropriate student use of facilities
● monitors student behavior
● Cooperates with and supports the Administration
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and Assistant Principal
● Provides appropriate instruction in specified curriculum and instructional feedback
● Effectively monitors and evaluates student performance
● Maintains professional standards within the educational environment
● Fulfills professional growth expectations
● Teacher should have a valid California teaching credential or a graduate degree in Computer Science.
● The teacher should be open to collaboration with other teachers both within and outside of the department on curricular projects and school initiatives
● A history of or openness to creative and innovative lessons, assessment, and learning opportunities is a must.
Please apply at: https://www.carondeleths.org/about/employment-opportunities