Reports To: K-8 Director
Position Type: Full-Time, Faculty, Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland (K-8) and Lafayette (9-12), California. Bentley School celebrates the cultural and ethnic diversity of its community as a key strength of its program and desires faculty members who will help cultivate these shared values. Bentley School is an inclusive community that shares a vision of academic achievement, balance, and the cultivation of character. Bentley seeks a Third Grade Lead Teacher at the K-8 campus in Oakland.
Self-motivated individuals who want to play an integral role in a dynamic school community.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Planning and implementing core curriculum as a lead teacher
● Working collaboratively with administration, grade level teachers, specialists and teaching associates
● Developing and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues, students, and families
● Communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, newsletters, and other school-approved channels
● Supporting and following school policies and procedures
● Being a positive and contributing member of the Bentley community
● Creating a positive learning environment both remotely and on campus where students thrive academically
● Planning, implementing, and assessing grade-level language arts, math, social studies, and science curricula
● Designing innovative curricula in which both academic and social-emotional growth are considered
● Attending regular faculty and grade-level meetings
● Attending evening and weekend special events
● Mentoring a Teaching Associate and supporting them in their professional development
● Assisting with pick up and drop off duties
● Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree in elementary education or related field preferred
● Three (3) to five (5) years experience in an interdisciplinary elementary environment
● Ability and willingness to work with students in large and small group settings using multiple teaching methods to reach a broad range of students
● Knowledge of educational technology and remote teaching experience preferred
● Experience with Responsive Classroom, Teachers College Reading and Writing Workshop as well as inquiry-based instructional practices in math preferred
● Desire to continually examine one’s practice with the goal to improve student learning
● Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
● Experience in innovative course design, planning, implementation, and assessment
Bentley School requires all community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits. Bentley is a growth-oriented school which is reflected in our commitment to providing ample funds to support the professional development of our faculty.
Bentley uses a competitive salary scale, which takes into account experience, education, and skill level. The salary for this position ranges from $69,525 - $139,050.
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, a CV/resume, and a statement of teaching philosophy that addresses both your approach to working with students and how you approach your classroom practice. A list with the names and contact information of three (3) references should also be included. No phone calls, please.
Qualified, interested candidates may apply for the position through online application at https://bentleyschool.bamboohr.com/careers/165
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present