Advancement Coordinator (Temporary)
Located in Pasadena, California, Westridge is a forward-thinking independent school for girls in grades 4-12 that emphasizes adventurous thinking, courageous, compassionate leadership, and equity and inclusion. Our school community is vibrant and diverse and grounded in the commitment to goodness in all aspects of life and learning. We balance challenging academics and a focus on leadership development with a priority on social emotional wellness, development of one’s sense of self, values, and goals, and thoughtful consideration of individuals’ responsibilities to others and the world.
Under the supervision of the director of annual giving, the interim advancement coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of events sponsored by Westridge’s advancement department, including solicitation, stewardship events, and other community-building events. This individual is part of the school’s advancement team and is involved with all fundraising-related activities.
The advancement coordinator also serves as a key contact for the Westridge Parents Association (WPA), supporting the WPA executive board and campus activities such as the Summer Opportunities Fair, Night Market, Community Picnic, and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years administrative and event experience, preferably in a fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated experience planning events, handling logistics and dealing with vendors.
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail, and ability to anticipate needs and problem solve.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and see a project through from beginning to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook); experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database, or software such as InDesign a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- Team player, with positive attitude.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job, which includes assisting with event set-up and breakdown. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Criminal background check and clearance required.
Salary and Schedule:
This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly salary between $26.44 and $31.25 (annual salary range of $55,000 - $65,000). Flexibility is required to work different hours for special events, such as occasional evenings, weekends, or morning meetings when necessary.
Schedule: 40 hours per week as follows: Monday- Friday with flexibility to work different shifts and weekends when necessary. This is NOT a remote position.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Jobs@Westridge.org. Include “Interim Advancement Coordinator” in the subject line.
Westridge School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are evaluated without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information: www.westridge.org
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present